Despite certain rumors that you may have heard, QR Codes are not dead. In fact, they are very much alive in 2017. Yes, as far as the fad aspect goes, we don’t see them daily on billboards or shirts anymore. But with the continued usage growth of mobile technology, today’s world of “Instant Gratification” is looking for a quick and easy way to access the information they seek.
QR Codes are still the best way to easily bridge the gap between Digital and Non-Digital worlds.
However, using QR Codes just for the sake of using them will most likely not produce worthwhile results. Their success lies in the planning. You need to have in mind what your target audience will get from scanning your code.
A few things to keep in mind when planning the use of QR Codes:
- Content is still “King” and should be unique and special.
- You need to have a well thought out and enticing Call to Action.
- Give your target audience easy-to-understand directions, this will increase participation in your campaign and will in turn increase your conversions.
The use of QR Codes has grown steadily in the Marketing arena. The trackable information that can be collected from user scans, give marketers an abundant source of data that can be used to see how campaigns and conversions are progressing in real-time. Marketers are utilizing codes on:
- Direct Mail Campaigns
- Product & Service Collateral (i.e. – Posters, Flyers, Brochures, etc.)
- Magazine and Trade Advertisements
- Promotional Products and Giveaways
But, placing a QR Code on these items is just half the journey. You still need to make it worth the user’s time to scan the code.
For now, I’ll leave you with this little tidbit…
Delivering a “True Value” to the user will be more rewarded than wasting their time.